[VHFcontesting] Exactly! [was: Explanation]

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 10:16:14 PST 2010

As I mentioned before, I don't think FCC or anyone else really cares whether
we are using the spectrum in a manner that looks productive from people
outside of our subculture. They are only concerned about whether it is being
used at all or not.

And what would constitute "that looks productive from people outside of our
subculture"? ARES? I don't know of anyone in our local ARES who uses
anything but 144 and 440 MHz. Our D-RATS setup is on 440 MHz. I can't think
of a single use of the frequencies above maybe 1296 in some areas that fits
this.

73, Zack W9SZ