[VHFcontesting] where we need the security

Ray J Ray at w9ray.org
Sat Jan 9 09:18:42 PST 2010

Laughable.. the ARRL is nothing more than a big amateur radio club, you
think they can do anything against the likes of billionaire companies
like Sprint, AT&T, or others, if they want some of our frequency
allocations that we hardly use.

  the arrl has the FCC's ear in a very small capacity.. the president
already said that every home need broadband access and seems everyone
needs a super fancy cellphone that needs major airwave bandwidth..

the only thing the government will really care about is keeping the
bands that we currently use for real emergency communications. 80
meters, 40 meters, 20 meters and 2 meters.

433,890–940mhz, 2.4ghz, 3.3–3.6GHz 5.7ghz, 10.5ghz, 24.07ghz
and more are all ism or part 15 device bands.. they are there for
consumer/medical electronics to use.  they are not going anywhere.. it
just so happens they let hams use some of the frequency's there too.

  Why doesnt the ARRL take up this fight in a serious manner?