[VHFcontesting] Adding a band, which one?

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 11 12:52:59 PST 2010

I guess part of the answer depends on your goals and intestests also.  If you also are into satellites, or want to get into the satellites, then 1.2ghz would be the better band.  Same for if you want to do EME.

If space is a limitation 1.2G also might be the choice.  Overall smaller antennas, and since you can get high gain in fairly short booms you can put a 23cm yagi closer to other antennas on the same mast.  However, hardline coax becomes a necessity at these frequencies.

Which band do people think is easier to get VUCC and endorsements on-222 or 1296?

73s John AA5JG