[VHFcontesting] aluminum tubing..

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 12 09:24:55 PST 2010

Hi gang, I have here 5 lengths of aluminum tubing that I planned to use for a 432 H-frame. 4 6ft lengths of 2" o.d, .058' wall and one 6ft. length of 1-7/8" .058" wall (this is a "telescoping" diameter for the 2" stuff). My original plan was to use the 1-7/8" as stiffeners at the ends of the 2" od.. My main thrust these days is as a rover, so a 4xH-frame for 432 seems excess to my needs(!!). It occurs to me that this material would also be useful for a boom of ~ 26' length maybe for a 6 meter boom. The material is 6063-T832 alloy purchased from Texas Towers a few years ago. They want ~ $3 a foot for this material now. I'll take $60 for the lot PLUS shipping...

bill, K1DY in Maine