[VHFcontesting] K4GUN Rover plans

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 13:56:05 PST 2010

It looks like my wife and I have finally tied up the loose ends that will
enable us to go roving for a good part  this weekend.

We will start the contest near Philadelphia in FN20.  We will make our way
Southeast that afternoon and evening, hitting FM28, 29, 19 and 18 before
staying at home Saturday night.  We have some obligations on Sunday morning,
but should be in FM08 near Skyline Drive by 2:00 local time on Sunday
afternoon.  If Skyline is closed due to weather, we have an alternate spot
at FM08WU, Chester Gap.  It has good views to the East and North.

We will stay in FM08 until we have to leave to pick up the kids at the
godparent's house at 6:00.  I'll likely make a quick trip down to FM17 and
07 in Louisa County for the last few hours of the contest.

We will be on the lower 4 bands with a greatly improved station.  W8ZN
helped set up a few things for me which will enable everything to be run
from the IC7000.  We will have fewer switches and better keying of the amps
and transverter.  We are not putting up the omni directional antennas so all
operating will be done while parked this time, although the moxon on 6
meters might get some use while in motion.

Look for me.  I'll be making noise and looking for the usual East coast
suspects.

Steve
K4GUN/R