[VHFcontesting] Rules question (not anything to do with the usual problems)

Steve Clifford k4gun.r at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 12:58:14 PST 2010

I have a question about rule 2.3.7  which states:

2.3.7. Rovers are permitted to use APRS. Rovers using APRS transmit only
their call sign and position. Any multi-op station may access rover APRS
data directly or via the Internet.

Are rovers themselves considered multi-op stations under this rule?  There
is a soapbox entry that discusses using APRS info to find rovers but I was
under the impression that only the two multi-op categories could use that
data.  However, when I thought about it, I realized that Rovers are allowed
2 operators and perhaps that is what is meant under the rule.  I would
appreciate any input on this.  I may have to rethink my position on APRS.

Steve
K4GUN/R