[VHFcontesting] Rovers using Yaesu rotators

Bill Burgess ve3cru at rac.ca
Thu Jan 28 12:12:28 PST 2010

I have been roving in the past, using a Ham IV rotator on an inverter as well as from a generator.  Using the inverter, it was necessary to increase the size of the control box fuse as spikes from the square wave 600W inverter kept popping the original size fuse.

Also have a Yaesu G1000DXA, was used 1 year as rover from a generator as I could not get confirmation from Yaesu it would be safe on this or any other square wave inverter.  If anyone is using a Yaesu rotator on an inverter, I would like to hear what you are using.
The G1000DXA now reallocated to the main tower at home,   I prefer the DXA series due to the speed control and presets.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU