[VHFcontesting] FCC Frequency Allocation Map for 70 cm 10 years out of date

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 12:54:48 PST 2010

Jon - You suggested referring to the 70 cm allocation map on the FCC web site:

	"the limits include a lot more than 100 miles around Otis.  Here is a
	link to the map showing where the restrictions apply. The area around Otis
	is a pretty small percentage of the total. As noted, there were more than
	 repeaters affected in Northern California. A recent report locally is
	that virtually all of the interference within the ham band is now gone.'

	"Here is the map...

	< http://www.fcc.gov/oet/info/maps/us7/ > "

	73, Jon
	 K6EL"

That map in the URL is 10 years out of date, having been posted January 13, 2000. Footnote US7 has been changed several times since then, most notably, for me at least, to include the entire state of NM. I have sent several e-mails to the FCC over the past few years pointing this out, and even got back an acknowledgement once, but the page with the erroneous data remains. The up to date information is included in the URL I quoted in my e-mail earlier to the list, but is much harder to find on the FCC web page. One would think that they would have as a goal disseminating timely and accurate information on their web site to ensure compliance.

As the correct data is much harder to find on the FCC web site, perhaps someone at the ARRL could step up and generate a similar, but correct map, on their web site, and perhaps publish one whenever changes occur in "The World Above 50 MHz" in QST. - Duffey
--
KK6MC
James Duffey