[VHFcontesting] Rovers using Yaesu rotators

David Pruett k8cc at comcast.net
Fri Jan 29 17:00:37 PST 2010

Bill,

I have a Yaesu G-450 (the low end of the line) which I've used a little
on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee to turn rover antennas.  I've powered it
from the Jeep's built-in AC inverter and the rotator seems to work fine.

I am an electrical engineer for Chrysler and was involved with
engineering the inverter on the Jeep.  It's rated for 150W and is of the
"modified sine wave" variety.  It's made by Itochu, who also makes
inverters for Toyota.  So far, I've not noticed any noise in the radio
from it.

Good to work you on 50 MHz this past weekend.

73,  Dave/K8CC