[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF K4ESA/P Hilltop QRP this year

Bob Mantell k4esa at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 10 03:45:17 PDT 2010

I regret trying this, but since the TS-2000 has lost it's mind and will not work, I plan to work QRP Hill-topper this year as a portable from atop Pine Mt,  Cobb Co Ga in EM73 with the FT-857.  This is a great place just north of Marietta at 1300ft ASL. It has a nice 360 degree view with the only small blockage from Kennesaw MT to the east, but  with really great shots south to west.  I worked central FL on 2M with a 5 element yagi from there last year in this event while roving.  I have upgraded the portable setup to a 5 element yagi on 6 and will use either a 13 or 17 element on 2 from this great location.  I plan to be there Sat From contest start to 0000UTC.

Sunday ops are out this year right now as the women folk have plans for me currently.

BTW, I got my award in the mail yesterday for last years event, with a flyer about this years contest.  I guess I was the only rover in my zone because it says 1st place?

73 de Bob,

 K4ESA EM74qc

Bob Mantell
k4esa at yahoo.com