[VHFcontesting] Where is everyone?

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 08:44:56 PDT 2010

I was a Hilltopper so I only got 6 hours to operate and I chose the first 6
hours of the contest.
Not much happening as far as openings here in Illinois until the last hour
of my time; 6 meters started opening to the west and southwest then and the
opening didn't really get going till I had about 20 minutes left. Wouldn't
you know it.

K5QE and XE2WWW must've been making their own propagation. They were the
only DX heard here on 6m before late afternoon. Both were quite loud on an
otherwise empty band. But they also heard my peanut whistle!

73, Zack W9SZ