[VHFcontesting] VUCC and LoTW Update

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Sun Jul 18 19:57:20 PDT 2010

I heard back from Greg Sarratt, W4OZK, who is my Division Director and an active VHF weak signal operator/contester.

According to Greg, "Myself and a few other Division Directors brought up the issue of adding VUCC to Logbook of the World. The league has hired a couple of new programmers, but want to get the new website completed before tackling more changes to LoTW".

So, judging from his reply, I wouldn't expect to see this anytime soon. Greg did express that he "felt my pain and wants to get VUCC added also".

So, democracy in action. You don't always get the answers you want, but if you participate in the process, you usually can at least get your voice heard. I applaud Greg Sarratt and the other directors who were willing to bring this up.

My suggestion would be to quiz you Division Director and ask him to go on the record as to if he supported this request. If he didn't, ask him why...and then organize the VHF men in your area to change his mind.

Without a doubt, other priorities will rise up again to derail getting this done, unless we continue to make sure that our duly elected officials know our wishes. As Thomas Jefferson used to say, "People get the government that they deserve".

Did you do your part?

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63