[VHFcontesting] Southern California Weekend ARRL Contest Plans

Bruce Kripton bkripton at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 9 14:58:44 PDT 2010

Forwarded via KG6IYN ...

"73

--- On Wed, 6/9/10, K6DYD <k6dyd at cox.net> wrote:

From: K6DYD <k6dyd at cox.net>
Subject: Contest
To: "Marty Herlihy" <martyh1 at cox.net>, "Gorden LBV" <lbv at att.net>, "CYT" <brian at ucsd.edu>, bkripton at pacbell.net, "ALEX" <alexg01 at cox.net>, "AUW" <coachbruce at cox.net>, "Tom Sneden" <k6vcr at cox.net>, "RLV" <jaustin5 at cox.net>, "Miguel Ramirez" <w6ylz at sbcglobal.net>, "JOEY" <joey-g at cox.net>, "harper" <harperboston at hotmail.com>
Cc: kr7o at vhfdx.com
Date: Wednesday, June 9, 2010, 10:59 AM

It is going to be a warm weekend, hovering right around my 95 degree limit for the desert (no AC) but I am still planning on the trip to Glamis, DM22.
VCR will be up in DM25 in the Mojave Preserve, I assume Bruce IYN will be on Los Pinos (front cover of June QST) DM12 again.
Current plan for me is 50, 144, 432 on the tower with 222 on a separate hand rotated pole. Have a 1296 radio, need a beam if anyone has a loner.
All SSB, no CW or weird digital modes, old school stuff here, cold beer and hot dogs, real ham stuff.