[VHFcontesting] good reading

James French w8iss at wideopenwest.com
Fri Jun 11 09:42:44 PDT 2010

On Thursday 10 June 2010 10:42:01 david vari wrote:
> this is good reading but please powers that be not this weekend for the
>  june vhf contest!
> dave-n2rhl
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20100609/sc_space/moreactivesunmeansnastysola
> rstormsahead

I only see GOOD coming from the enhanced solar activity for 2m and above...:)
6M 'maybe' effected but I didn't have any 6m equipment back during the last
cycle either.

From what I saw torwards the end of the last cycle, HF would putter out and
everything 2m and above would become VERY active whenever there was a major
CME (Coronal Mass Ejection).

I was keeping track of this for a few years because I would give out the
current conditions each week during the SE Michigan AMSAT net and noticed
these conditions then. I haven't kept track of it for the past couple of years
since I haven't done the net for a while.

Just my half pence input.

James W8ISS