[VHFcontesting] N8OFS/P Caboose Report in the ARRL June VHF Contest...

n8ofs at mjbrowns.com n8ofs at mjbrowns.com
Sat Jun 19 05:33:59 PDT 2010

> You were having the most fun of anyone in the contest!

Absolutly!!!  It's ALL about having fun...  The points are nice, but as
for me and my Caboose, it's ALL about the fun...

> I appreciated our all-too-brief QSO ... "Broadcasting live
> from a caboose ..."  Chuckle!

:)  You can BET that that quote made VFOs stop dead on my freq...  :)

>> DX = 4  HI, VP5(VQ5), VP9, VE3

I have already recieved an eQSL from VQ5M...  Thank You for the new DXCC!!!

I have recieved several eQSLs from other fine folks in the USA...  I still
need to get my log put into eQSL...  I've been very busy at the Railroad
since this is my week to work...  Once I get back home Monday, I'll start
pluging my Qs into eQSL...  Thank you eQSL!!!

>> Kenwood TS-60 @ 90W to 18' of 9913 to a single PAR OA-50 @ 30'...

More proof you don't need massive power and stacked beams to have fun...  :)

Look for me to be back in the Caboose for the CQ WW VHF, FM ONLY on
52.525FM...  And I might try the ARRL Sept VHF from there, but I have
several things that need to go right before September...

Andy N8OFS GOT6???