[VHFcontesting] Optimum 6 meter yagi height

Dave Clemons dave at egh.com
Mon Jun 28 12:08:47 PDT 2010

Hi,

    After many years of operating in hf contests, I have just started operating in vhf contests.

    Over the years I found that it was possible for one's antenna to be either too low or too high for successful contesting on 40, 20, 15, or 10 meters.  Although I understand that higher is better on 2 meters and above, I was wondering if anyone has done research on the optimum height for 6 meter contesting.  Since 6 meters shares some propagation characteristics that are also seen on 10 meters, it would seem possible that "too high" would be a possibility on 6 meters as well.

Thanks
Dave Clemons, K1VUT

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5235 (20100628) __________

http://www.eset.com