[VHFcontesting] Contesting presentation

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Wed Mar 17 12:31:05 PDT 2010

It is good to promote contesting, better VHF contesting, and best of all roving. Kudos to you for being a contesting evangelist.

On VHF I think a lot of guys are afraid to get on because they don't have antennas and are afraid of the expense of getting one or difficultly of building one. So, when I give a talk like this I always bring along some WA5VJB antennas to show. Also, some indication of what can be worked in terms of stations and distance on the VHF bands is also useful.

Emphasize that contesting success is usually proportional to the time spent operating, that is "butt in chair" time.

I have a VHF contesting presentation and a roving presentation that you can look at if you wish. There is a good intro to contessting at:

< http://www.contesting.com/articles/800 >

that you can borrow from.

Ask if you need any more help in crafting the presentations. - Duffey