[VHFcontesting] KK6MC in Spring Sprint from DM83ev

James Duffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Sun May 16 18:12:58 PDT 2010

I managed 2 contacts for the spring sprint, WD5K at 641km and N0KE at 719km, both on FSK441 for a total of 1360 points. I didn't work anyone on CW or SSB. I had two responses to my FSK441 CQ, AE5B and AA5AM, I came back first to AE5B, then I heard AA5AM calling, and I tried to work both at once, realized that wouldn't work too good and settled in on AE5B. We could not complete a QSO, he did not receive my RRRs. So close and yet so far... Still, calling random CQs aeems productive.

W5WVO could not copy me very well on FSK441, due to his high noise level and short distance on MS, but I got several good pings from him. We completed after the sprint on JT6M after I got some cockpit issues worked out.

Using WSJT modes on a dead band seems a good strategy for a rover though and I know things to improve on for the June contest.

Rig was a TS2000X, 100W, to a 2 element Yagi up 15 feet, and everything in a 2003 Subaru Outback. - Duffey
--
James Duffey KK6MC
DM65tc