[VHFcontesting] 2010 Spring Sprints Update (# 5)

Spring Sprints springvhfuhfsprints at gmail.com
Thu May 20 06:30:18 PDT 2010

Greetings all,

FIVE weeks have now passed since the first of this year's Spring
Sprints on 144 MHz. All events have now been completed and only one
of the log submission windows remains open (for the 50 MHz Sprint).

1. The final log counts for the 432 MHz and Microwave (902 MHz & Up)
Sprints are 58 and 23, respectively. Both of these log counts exceed
the number of logs received in 2009. The percentage of QSOs that
reported 6-character Grids remained similarly high as reported for 144
and 222 MHz.

2. TUESDAY, May 25th, is the log submission deadline for the 50 MHz
Sprint. The count of logs received for the 50 MHz event was at 44 as of
my last update. There's plenty of room for MORE 50 MHz Log
Submissions so I hope to see a few more to top the 59 logs received in
2009. There may still be time for a mailed log to get to me before next
Tuesday IF mailed REALLY SOON but definitely MORE time for an
electronic submission (and the Web-to-Cabrillo form that is provided by
Bruce Horn at http://b4h.net/cabforms/spring50sprint_cab.php remains
available!).

Continued thanks to all participants. While the participation
opportunities have ended and four of five log deadlines have passed,
I still hope to see some more 50 MHz logs.

I have already started working on results to be presented at the 2010
Central States VHF Society Conference in St. Louis at the end of July
and posted on the web page in August.

73, JK