[VHFcontesting] K4AMK/R September Plans (SE US)

Austin austin at k4amk.us
Sun Sep 5 09:27:13 PDT 2010

It is with great honor, joy, excitement, and respect that I present to
you the plans for the maiden rove of the K4AMK/R Station in the 2010
ARRL September QSO Party.

As a Limited Rover in the contest I will be active on all four of the
lower bands (SSB - ABCD, FM - BCD).  Given that this will be my first
rove in the Southeastern US, I have decided to take a "Run and Gun"
approach to this contest.  More information about my plans can be found
on my website, http://www.k4amk.us. (See disclaimer below)

Unfortunately, I am unable to estimate "times" for a schedule.  I can
tell you that depending on activity level, we will be parked in each
grid for a minimum of 20mins.  If we are working people, we will stay
longer, but if we are listening to static then we will continue on our
way to the next grid.  APRS is enabled for stations to track us to
compensate for the lack of a more detailed schedule with approximate
times.

Obviously QRM may cause these to change slightly, but the game plan is
to primarily operate on 50.135 and 144.210.  While idle, the other
radios will be monitoring on 222.1 and 432.1 for SSB, and 146.55, 223.5,
and 446.00 for FM.

Saturday

For Saturday, we will start in NE EM63 and make our way through
Chattanooga, Knoxville, and ending the day in Bristol, TN where we will
rest.  The grids we will activate:
EM63/EM64/EM74/EM75/EM76/EM85/EM86/EM96

Sunday

For Sunday, we will start at 6am in EM96 and head over to Wytheville, VA
where we will turn and head south.  We will be making our way over to
Greensboro, NC and then turning to go to Charlotte, NC.  From there
south to Columbia, SC and then west toward Atlanta.  The goal is to end
the contest just outside of Atlanta in EM73.  The grids we will
activate:  EM96/FM06/FM05/EM95/EM94/EM93/EM83/EM73

Total Grid effort planned:  15

I do hope that you will look for me during the contest.  Again for more
information about these plans, my website is http://www.k4amk.us.  I am
also on Twitter. (See Disclaimer below)

73 and good luck to everyone in the contest!

-Austin
austin at k4amk.us
http://www.k4amk.us

DISCLAIMER:

Please note that in accordance to the ARRL Rules (both literally and in
spirit), no updates to my website regarding the contest will be made
within a 12 hour window of the start of the contest, or during.  Any
possible "tweets" made during the contest will be general comments about
the on-going experience, but will NEVER include Frequency information,
operating location, or solicitation of QSO's. Of course, the hope is
that I will be so busy logging contacts that the thought of posting a
tweet will never even enter my mind.