[VHFcontesting] GARC active for the contest

Keith A Miller kamiller at maplenet.net
Mon Sep 6 13:47:31 PDT 2010

Thanks to everyone who responded to our announcement of our trip to
EN86ea, Drummond Island, MI.
Several members of our local club, Goshen Amateur Radio Club, will be
activating the club station for at least part of the contest.
This will not be the usual setup since we lost our 140 ft tower and
antennas to a tornado in June.
They will be running an IC706 with 5 element beam on 6.  I believe they
are using a 13 element beam on 2 and a 160 watt amp.
They will have a 6 element beam on 432.   all these will be mounted on
40 ft push up poles.
Good luck to K9WJU in the contest.
EN71