[VHFcontesting] 2m Sprint

Wed Sep 22 07:07:43 PDT 2010

I went up to the hill near Blacksburg, VA on Monday and worked a few stations.  Conditions weren't great at the beginning of the night but thanks to K4QI, K4WWA, W8ZN, and W3ZZ for the qso's (especially to Gene for hanging on with me).  Antenna was a 3el yagi (Arrow Satellite Antenna with the 440 elements removed) at about 20' AGL (at 2800') in EM97sg.  Radio was a Yaesu FT-897 with 20W.

I'm hoping to work the 440 sprint in a few weeks--no 220 gear at the moment other than FM.

Hope to hear more on the air!

73's de KI4RIX

Best regards,

Mike Benonis