[VHFcontesting] 2M Sprint

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 12 11:06:08 PDT 2011

This was my 1st contest at the new QTH. Condx were flat, no enhancement.
Had a mishap about an hour into it, when power went to zero, had to shut
down.
Luckily it turned out to be just a bad solder connection, only cost me a
half hour.
Worked 49 Q's 15 grids in 3.5 hrs of sprinting.
Futhest NE FN43 and 44, SW to FM18 (WA1T/4) and FM08.
Not bad for just a small 5 el yagi on a 35 foot telescoping mast and 350W.
Hope to be on 432 in a few weeks with a similar small setup.
-73, Ron WZ1V FN31rh