[VHFcontesting] [Mw] How do you know if an MRF-247 is real?

Mike & Becca Krzystyniak k9mk at flash.net
Sun Apr 17 10:31:03 PDT 2011

   Last ship date of MRF-247's was November 2003.   Date codes after that
are most likely counterfeit.

   The MRF-247 was one off the highest running RFR power parts Moto-Semi
(now Freescale) made.  Another option is the Motorola in house number,
which was 4884411L04. They were screened to a slightly higher standard than
the generic MRF-247 and can often be found at a better price.  On the street
they are simply marked as M1104 or M11L04.

   Regarding soft failures in amps (where one part is known dead instead of
the pair or a quad set, if the power is less than half rated, odds are the
alternate part(s) is damaged too.  Another factor is how long one might have
tried to use the amp with the damaged part or parts.  Good luck with it...

73 Mike K9MK