[VHFcontesting] CQ-VHF

Marshall Williams k5qe at sabinenet.com
Wed Apr 20 08:05:53 PDT 2011

Hello everyone...WOW!!  Talk about "Ask and ye shall receive"....I
posted on the VHF reflector that the CQ WW VHF rules had not yet been
published.  About a day later, I got this.  The actual address for the
rules is
http://www.cqww-vhf.com/CQVHFContestRules2011.pdf.

This is WONDERFUL new set of rules.  I have always thought that the CQ
WW VHF contest was the best contest that we have, but this makes it even
better.  This is what the rules for a VHF contest ought to look like.
Thank you John and the whole CQ VHF contest group.

A nice compromise was struck between the older "normal" modes(which will
still dominate by far) and the newer WSJT meteor scatter and EME modes.
The silly distinctions between what a single-op can do and what a
multi-op can do are not there.  The goal here really is to "Work as many
stations as possible".  Wake up ARRL, this is what VHF contesting rules
ought to look like....

I will be looking for everyone in July when the CQ WW VHF contest runs
again.....

73 Marshall K5QE