[VHFcontesting] 2011 Spring Sprints - Status Posting #1

Spring Sprints springvhfuhfsprints at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 09:13:21 PDT 2011

Happy Easter to the VHF Contesting community,

Two down and three to go for the 2011 Spring Sprints.

As of this morning's log receipts, 144 MHz has reached the half-century mark
(50) and 222 MHz has reached the quarter-century mark (25).

The DEADLINE for 144 MHz log submissions is this coming TUESDAY, April 26th,
so don't delay. I've not seen/received any Mailed/Paper logs and it's
probably too late to mail a 144 MHz entry but there is STILL time to use
WA7BNM's Web-to-Cabrillo form to submit a log entry. Log submission deadline
for 222 MHz is May 4th.

I have made a few updates to the web site at
http://sites.google.com/site/springvhfupsprints/
The "final" announcement and rules are there as well as the Logs Received
Reports.

THIS week brings the 432 MHz Spring Sprint on Wednesday, April 27 from 7pm
to 11pm local time.

Also, in the May, 2011, issue of QST, there are several DIFFERENT
dates/times given for this year's 50 MHz Spring Sprint. The CORRECT
information is that it STARTS at 2300 UTC on May 14th, running through 0300
(technically 0259) UTC on May 15th...this IS the afternoon/evening of May
14th for North America. Information is correct in "World Above 50 MHz" (p.
89 and p.91) but "Sean's Picks" in the "This Month in Contesting" column (p.
79) shows INCORRECT dates. There is also a slight 'glitch' in the "Contest
Corral" (p. 80) which shows the 50 MHz running "backward in time".

Again the CORRECT times/dates for this year's 50 MHz Spring Sprint are:
START 2300 UTC on May 14th - END 0300 UTC on May 15th...the same four hours
for everyone (not "local" time as for the other four Spring Sprint events)
and during the afternoon/evening of SATURDAY, May 14th in North America.
Let's home for some "E" and maybe the more "consistent" kind...not the
"sporadic" stuff ;-).

73, 'JK' (K9, that is), Spring Sprint host and log-checking human