[VHFcontesting] 432 spring sprint-N8RA

Chet S chetsubaccount at snet.net
Thu Apr 28 04:36:27 PDT 2011

I was looking forward to this sprint, since I was unable to operate the 2M
one. The station was connected for 432 in the morning. Conditions seemed
poor since I could only barely hear the W3CCX beacon a few times during the
day. My antenna SWR seemed too good so degradation in that is suspect.

During the sprint I felt band conditions were quite flat, judging by what I
was hearing other folks working; or often not working anything, and activity
seemed low. But this was a nice break from spring's rush of chores.

Band  Mode  QSOs   Pts
420   CW     11    2134
420  USB      8    1199

Total Both   19    3333

Nine grids were worked with the longest contact distance being 280 miles.
Thanks to the sponsors, and to the N1MM team for adding the sprints into the
logging software.

Chet, N8RA