[VHFcontesting] KA9RSL/R 432 spring sprint recap

Keith A Miller kamiller at maplenet.net
Thu Apr 28 08:24:05 PDT 2011

I had a very bad cold and hadn't felt well for several days before the
sprint.
  Did manage to get the antennas on the truck and somewhat tuned.  We
had a 10
  element beam on a painters pole along but never used it because of the
heavy
  rain.  WE noticed that the SWR on the omnis went up a little in the
rain.  Made
only 5 contacts this time although we heard a few more that we couldn't
work.
136 miles driven,  5 contacts, 3 grids worked, 815 calculated dx score,
14mpg
  gas mileage (had to keep the truck running when parked to run the
amp)  9.72
  gallons gas used.  1.944 gallons/contact  $7.95/contact @ $4.09/gallon
gas,
  $0.05/km worked.  Not too profitable but we had fun.

Our furthest contact was 311km  to K8TQK  EN60xw to EM89je
2 contacts with K8TQK
2 contacts with WA9KRT
1 contact with K9EA
Now need to decide if I will rove or work from home for the 6 meter sprint.