[VHFcontesting] possible FN31/32 rove for UHF

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 12:36:06 PDT 2011

Doesn't sound like too many people are going to be out .. everyone on
vacation? Of course this will be my first UHF 'test in almost 7 years
of consistent roving, so who am I to talk ;)

I'm going to switch things around and plan on being on Greylock
(FN32jp) at the start of the contest, and operate from there until
around sundown or when they kick me out or I get bored from lack of
activity and/or finish the book I'm reading.

Sunday I plan on being on Mohawk (FN31it) fairly soon after sunrise,
and probably hang out until the end of the contest (subject to same
limitations as above).

I have all bands working through 10G with significant power and good
antennas, and I'm troubleshooting 24G tonight so I might have that
also .. I'll be hanging around 222.122 when not working people on
other bands .. hopefully there will be enuf activity to warrant the
$90 of gas ;)

de w1rt/john