[VHFcontesting] Old style KB6KQ 6M loop question.

John Byerly mtnlion at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 19:10:44 PDT 2011

Good Sunday Evening all!

My trusty old KB6KQ 6M loop quit working today. I went up and
retrieved it to discover that the brass all-thread that holds the
shorting loop (The small one inside the big loop) has broken off and
needs to be replaced. Now, I have the replacement brass all-thread and
the insulator, but it appears that the length and spacing of the
shorting loop is critical.

So, does anyone have an old school KB6KQ loop for 6M that would be
willing to measure total length from the back of the SO-239 to the end
of the thread, and the length from the back of the connector to the
bottom of the shorting (matching if you will..) loop please? I would
be very grateful.

This is the loop that does not have a plastic matching box that was
Norm's original design.

--
John Byerly N7ROJ
mailto:mtnlion at gmail.com