[VHFcontesting] 222 Mhz question

Tim Coad timcoad at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:20:16 PST 2011

In the SF bay area I have found that there is about the same level of
activity on both SSB and FM on 222 in contests. Actually 222 is pretty
much the only band here that has FM contest activity. People get on
222FM in the contest because it is easy to add that capability to gain
another band since the typical multi-band multi-mode radios from Japan
do not have 222.

Tim - NU6S