[VHFcontesting] CQ WW VHF Contest Rules Change

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Thu Feb 17 12:03:41 PST 2011

Unfortunately, I have no idea what the specifics of CQ's proposed rule
changes are, only what I can read in the article. I'm eager to read it for
myself, but have to believe that any rule change that allows assistance is
going to be positive in terms of total number of contacts. Contacts = Fun in
my book!

I also share your concerns about moving out of the lower 4 categories. Right
now, I have 902 and 1296 as well...but it's hard for me to justify spending
the additional money to get into the Microwave bands. Even as a rover, it
just doesn't make a lot of sense with the current rules.

One suggestion I heard today was to make the ARRL September event limited to
432 and lower. That's intriguing, and might help to make that contest more
popular.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf