[VHFcontesting] Jan VHF test: 6m NM m/s QSO skeds available

Bill VanAlstyne W5WVO w5wvo at cybermesa.net
Tue Jan 11 20:19:32 PST 2011

I’m available for WSJT meteor scatter skeds on 6 meters for anybody who wants DM65 during the contest. (No higher bands, sorry.) Running kilowatt+ to 5-over-5 stacked yagis.

Particularly interested in large-antenna QRO stations in VA, WV, and SC, three m/s-workable states I still need. These paths are mostly going to be 1,300-1,400 miles; please, plausible sked requests only for these long-haul attempts. Clue: If you’re running 80 watts to a loop at 20 feet... 1,350 miles is not plausible on meteor scatter. :-)

For Super 7s 10K Award (http://www.ykc.com/wa5ufh/Super7/S7Index.htm), am also looking for any meteor-scatter contacts of more than 1,000 miles not worked since 1 May 2009. If we worked before this date but not since, I want to work you again!

Email for sked or more information.

Bill W5WVO
DM65qh