[VHFcontesting] LOTW and CQWW VHF

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Sun Jan 23 08:13:27 PST 2011

I've never tried to sign a Cabrillo and upload.  Before I got the hang
of uploading through DXLab, I did manually sign some ADIFs.  The
difference is that there is nothing in the Cabrillo specification for
the "QSO:" records.  Since every contest is different, it would be
tough for the folks that maintain the overall Cabrillo format spec to
track the various and sundry contest exchange formats.  So ...
somewhere in TQSL, there is a file that acts as a decoder ring, but
only for certain contests.

I've cc'd the LoTW Yahoo! Group in the hopes that someone there will
jog my memory as to either the correct permutation of CQ-WW-VHF or the
location of the file and how it can be updated.

In the meantime, you're better off importing it into your general log
and then exporting it back out as ADIF.

Peter