[VHFcontesting] Multi Grid Logging submitting for VUCC LOTW Credit

Peter Laws plaws at plaws.net
Thu Jan 27 17:19:51 PST 2011

You need a CERTIFICATE for every callsign INCLUDING any self-assigned
indicator, so yes, you need a cert for N3XUD *and* N3XUD/R.

For each certificate, you need to configure one or more LOCATIONS,
which includes state/county/grid/CQZ/ITUZ.

The most important thing is to sign each group of QSOs with the
correct CERTIFICATE so that the correct callsign appears.  You need to
also select the correct LOCATION as well.

If you screw up and sign with the wrong CERTIFICATE, sign it again
with the correct one and re-upload.  This creates a "zombie" in LoTW,
though we're told this doesn't matter.

If you screw up and sign with the correct certificate but the wrong
LOCATION, just sign it again with the corrected location and upload
again.  LoTW will replace the previous location info.

What I've yet to see is how to handle QSOs from grid boundaries or
corners.  Still waiting for HQ on that one!

I use AA6YQ's DXLab Suite to manage my log.  I used to live in
Chicagoland and signed "N5UWY/9" so have two certificates and several
locations.  DXLab handles all that for me.  Something like that might
help keep it all straight especially if you are a rover.

Dave also has excellent non-DXLab-specific LoTW instructions here:
http://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SettingUpLotW

Peter