[VHFcontesting] lotw for rovers

John D'Ausilio jdausilio at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 11:32:59 PST 2011

So .. I spent a few hours mucking around with LOTW and my Jan log. It
seems to have worked ..

For the benefit of other rovers, here's what you gotta do ..

1. Get a certificate for your plain callsign
2. Using that certificate, sign a request for another certificate for callsign/R
3. Create a location for each rover site you use using the /R call

I use Roverlog, and this is how I partitioned things ..

4. Sort log by grid, export as ADIF
5. With your favorite editor, parse up the log file into a seperate
log-grid file for each grid operated
6. Import each file using the location associated with that grid

if you want to deal with vucc, you additionally need to

7. Create a VUCC account for each location you use using the /R call
8. In each account make a rule to select qso by relevant grid

First time is a lot of work, but unless you are constantly adding new
rover sites it should be relatively easy thereafter. It would be nice
if at import time you could parse by time as well as date, that would
eliminate the busting apart of the log into log-grid files ..

de w1rt/john