[VHFcontesting] N8OFS/P {Caboose} In the CX Phone Contest announcment...

n8ofs at mjbrowns.com n8ofs at mjbrowns.com
Wed Jul 20 08:40:42 PDT 2011

Now that everything is 'official', I can announce my entry in the CX
(Classic Exchange) Phone Contest 2011 Broadcasting Live and Direct from
the BIG Caboose at the beloved AC&J Railroad (Jefferson Ohio EN91or
Ashtabula County)...

The CX is a no-pressure contest celebrating the older commercial and
homebrew equipment that was the pride and joy of ham shacks many decades
ago.  The object is to encourage restoration, operation and enjoyment of
this older "Classic" equipment.  (This is MY kind of Contest)...  :)

Date: The AM - SSB - FM CX will run from 1400 UTC September 18 to 0800 UTC
September 19, 2011.  (9 AM Eastern Time on Sunday to 3 AM Eastern Time
Monday)  Call: "CQ Classic Exchange"

What: Exchange your name, RST, QTH (state US, province for Canada, country
for DX), receiver and transmitter manufacturer/model (homebrew send final
amp tube or transistor type) and other interesting conversation. Note: The
same station may be worked with different equipment combinations on each
band and in each mode.

Freq's: I will start and CQ on 52.525FM, then move to 52.500AM (unless
your boat anchor won't go that high, or is rockbound; then we'll work
something out), then switch to 52.500USB; then back to 52.525FM to finish
the QSO...  If you have another rig that will do 6 Meters, then repeat the
process all over again...

Equiptment: A 17 year old Kenwood TS-60 to 29.4ft of LMR-400 to the
"DOMINATOR" 5/8 wave Vertical at 29.5ft off the ground supported by the
Caboose roofwalk and a 8' Shakespeare heavy duty mast...

QSL Instructions: QSL Direct or eQSL with AG status...  Log will be
uploaded to LotW; but I still want a Card, eQSL with AG status, or both...

For more information, please see: http://www.classicexchange.org

PeAcE...

Andy N8OFS "BUT WE GOT A CABOOSE!!!" Sargent GOT6???