[VHFcontesting] CQWW VHF WB8BZK Hilltopper QRP

Mike Metroka VHFrover at aol.com
Wed Jul 20 17:18:24 PDT 2011

CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: WB8BZK
Operator(s): WB8BZK
Station: WB8BZK

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: Illinois EN62ad
Operating Time (hrs): 5.9

    6:  27     13
    2:  34     17
-------------------
Total:  61     30  Total Score = 2,850

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I thought that I would try something different from roving this year:
Hilltop QRP.  It was a real challenge and my hat goes off to all of the
hilltop QRP ops!  I heard many more stations than I was able to work.  A
little frustrating but I enjoyed the change.  Fairly flat conditions for the
entire 6 hour period that I operated between 3pm and 9pm on Saturday.  Those
hilltop operators who held off the start of their operating time until
Sunday morning may have done better.  That is an additional wild card with
the hilltop category.

73, Mike WB8BZK