[VHFcontesting] One Way to Post Your Contest Plans

Todd Sprinkmann sprinkies at excel.net
Sat Jun 4 14:57:20 PDT 2011

   Good morning (6am Thursday),

   I'm resending this post in case it didn't go through the
first time.  I'm noticing it hasn't made it to the reflector, 60
hours later.

   W0UC in EN44 has been creating Google spreadsheets for
VHF contesters to post their plans.  The emphasis should be
on those who are roughly 500 miles or less away from WI.
If you haven't already posted your plans, please do so at:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvU0R8d2qq2DdE1vaFg4SW1wNDBLaXpKb2RROExlb1E&hl=en&authkey=CJqMlMcB#gid=0

    Notice that there are tabs on the bottom left for both
fixed and rover stations.

    I encourage V/UHF contesters in other parts of the country
to start using (and promoting) similar spreadsheets.  Having a
one-stop destination for viewing planned contesting activity is
convenient, plus it motivates others to get on the air.

    If you want more info about this topic, visit this post at my
V/UHF blog:   http://kc9bqa.com/?p=4802   That post has
complete info about the June contest, plus helpful hints and tips.
You are welcome to use anything in that post, if you think it will
help motivate hams in your area to get on and try a VHF contest.

    The link to my series of articles called VHF Contesting School
is available at:  http://kc9bqa.com/?p=4676   Those articles are
designed to get any ham, anywhere, comfortable with calling
"CQ Contest".

    Thanks, 73,
    Todd   KC9BQA     EN63ao    40 N of Milwaukee
    www.kc9bqa.com   For Frequent VHF/UHF Updates
    www.wivuch.com   WI VHF/UHF County Hunters Award

    PS:  My own contest plans are way up in the air.  Multiple
issues with my station, rotor-wise, beam-wise, etc.   Help is on
the way, but it may not be in time for next weekend.   I will post
my plans to the W0UC spreadsheet if/when I know what's up.
I expect to be full-strength for July CQ WW and beyond.