[VHFcontesting] N8OFS/P {Caboose} SMIRK Contest 2011 Summary...

n8ofs at mjbrowns.com n8ofs at mjbrowns.com
Tue Jun 28 19:28:26 PDT 2011

Howdy gang...  Sorry for the delay, but it's just been one thing after
another for weeks on end...  I'm finially getting around to submitting my
Log to SMIRK now...  Now, if I can EVER get caught up on QSL Cards, eQSLs,
QRZ's Logbook, HRDLOG.NET and the bloatwhere known as LotW...

The PICs...
http://noars.net/got6/N8OFS2011CABOOSE6.JPG
http://noars.net/got6/N8OFS2011CABOOSE7.JPG
http://noars.net/got6/N8OFS2011CABOOSE8.JPG
http://noars.net/got6/N8OFS2011CABOOSE9.JPG

The Log, all 52.525FM @ 50W, EN91or...  No one I worked had a SMIRK#...
"Broadcasting LIVE and DIRECT from the BIG Caboose at the beloved AC&J
Railroad"...

6-18-2011
0037 WG8Y EN91
0147 N8TCQ EN91
0252 WD8PVB EN91
1242 W3IAX EN91
1545 N8NYI EN91
1548 N8CT EN91
1656 KC8FNJ EN91
2010 K3YP EN91
2030 KD4WGP EN91
...AND THEN THE BAND OPENED!!!  (insert the sounds of angels singing)...
2135 N1XBM/M FN43
2158 N3LWM EN91
2200 VY2OM FN86  (my FIRST VY2!!!)
2203 W1JMB FN55
2246 AA1TH/M FN44
2340 N8GXZ EN91
6-19-2011
0052 KC0QYD EM27
0128 KC9VF EM05
...AND THEN THE BAND CLOSED...  (grumblegrumblegrumble)...
1428 K8WFL/M EN91
1459 KJ4QXN EL98
1837 W8DEC/M EN91

Claimed Score: 160 Points

At 1900Z, I packed up and got out of the Caboose so the Railroad could put
the Caboose away when they put the Passenger Train away...

Everybody that I worked that I haven't worked before on 6M FM from the
Caboose will get a QSL Card (EvEnTuAlLy)...  All QSOs will go into eQSL,
HRDLOG.NET, and LotW...  Any QRZ Logbook confirmations will ONLY be
confirmed when I get a QSL Card, eQSL, or HRDLOG.NET confirmation...

Putting the FUN back in Contesting...

Andy N8OFS GOT6???
The CrAzY 6 Meter FM ONLY, sometimes found in a Caboose guy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9CDaJ3qR4Q