[VHFcontesting] MAD uWave sprint results K1DS

Rick R rick1ds at hotmail.com
Sat May 7 12:07:49 PDT 2011

UGLY! Conditions were very poor. I awoke at 6:15A and had the rover in position at 7AM in FN20ie near my home. Wx was excellent but even the 2m sigs were up and down.
Completed on 1.2, 2.3 & 3.4 with K3TUF and on 1.2 with K3CB for 4 QSOs and 393Km. Worked on 2 but unable to QSO on micros were: KE2N, W3HMS, N2RG, K3MD, K1TEO, AA1I,
I probably left for home just when a lot of others started to be active, but we were having a build session with our 2304 MMDS rigs at WA2OMY. I was able to get my LO tuned, tripler and mixers, filters, and buffer all set TNX to Gary and Bruce WA3YUE. Just a bit more and we'll be ready to get it on the air also.