[VHFcontesting] Preliminary Plans for the AD5OW Rover trip during the 2011 ARRL June VHF QSO Party.

Jeffrey Smith n5tit.tx at gmail.com
Tue May 17 08:56:25 PDT 2011

    Preliminary Plans:
Our objective is to activate nine maidenhead grid squares across the states
of Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina and Georgia during the
2011 ARRL June VHF QSO Party.  Our theory of operation will be on the "Run
and Gun" aspect in the Limited Rover category with a effort on using CW and
JT65a during times when the bands are not open.  We will be stopping at
several very high spots to try and work stations direct.  We will also be
beaconing AD5OW-12 on APRS via the Droid APRS Software so look for us there
as well.  We will be Calling CQ a lot on the published frequencies below and
periodically on the calling frequencies.  For JT65a (Tropo) and FSK441
(Meteor Scatter), we will be calling CQ on the standard 50.260 and 144.140
MHz and listening DOWN 6khz for replies.

    Route Stops: (A detailed route map can be found on our website.  The URL
is below.)
Gadsden, AL (EM64xa)
Lookout Mtn, GA (EM74hu)
McCamy Lake, TN (EM75qd)
Hayesville, NC (EM85ba)
Brasstown Bald, GA (EM84cu)
Mt. Cheaha, AL (EM73cl)

    Operating Frequencies:
Band           CW        SSB      Digital
(A) 50 MHz  50.096    50.133   50.260 CQD6 FSK441 & JT65a
(B) 144 MHz 144.196 144.206 144.140 CQD6 FSK441 & JT65a
(C) 222 MHz 222.096 222.106
(D) 432 MHz 432.096 432.106

    Equipment:
Band Radio      Amplifier  Output Antenna
50 MHz   Icom IC-746                                                  None
                      100W   KB6KQ Loop with 3 dbd
144 MHz Icom
IC-746                                                  None
100W  M2 2M7 with 10.3 dbd
222 MHz Icom IC-706MkII W/Elcraft XV222 Transceiver  TE Systems 2210G  100W
 M2 222-10EZ with 12.0 dbd
432 MHz Icom IC-706MkII                                            TE
Systems 4410G  100W   M2 432-12EME with 14.4 dbd

Please check out our AD5OW/R VHF/UHF Rover web page at
http://www.ad5ow.us/Rover.html for the latest information.

73's de Jim, AD5OW and Jeffrey, N5TIT
The AD5OW/R Rover Team

NNNN