[VHFcontesting] Funcube Dongle?

Les Rayburn les at highnoonfilm.com
Wed Oct 12 21:30:18 PDT 2011

I'd like to hear some reviews from weak signal operators who may have
experimented with the "Funcube Pro Dongle". The Funcube Pro is a Software
Defined Radio (SDR) that plugs into the USB port of your computer and can
receive signals from about 60 MHZ to 1400 MHZ. With some firmware upgrades,
it can tune as low as 51 MHZ, making it not quite usable for 6 Meters.

It's priced at under $200, and seems like it might be useful as a
panadapter. I'd love to hear from any weak signal ops who've tested one.

73,

Les Rayburn, N1LF
EM63nf
121 Mayfair Park