[VHFcontesting] [Mw] rant: rovers vs multi-ops on limited number of mountains

Eric Smith kb7dqh at donobi.net
Sat Sep 3 17:59:40 PDT 2011

At least in the Pacific Northwest we have many thousands of mountaintops which don't get used by multiop contest stations, hundreds, perhaps thousands, per grid square, accessible by vehicle except in January,
that go begging.  I suspect it would be cheaper to fly your east-coast multiop station out west for the 'test than it would be convincing the US forest service to move several mountains to the East Coast:)

Eric
KB7DQH