[VHFcontesting] K2QO/R QRV for September VHF!

Mark Adams msadams60 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 19:53:42 PDT 2011

Hi Gang,

K2QO/R here. My substitute rover partner, K2ZR, and I will be on the road

with with last year's route! This year we are starting in FN31, western CT,
on beautiful Dennis Hill.

Our setup is 50MHz - 432MHz CW/SSB. We'll have FM on 146.55FM

going, but not full time. 446.000FM will be available on an HT if we are
close. Other than that, the lower 4 bands are a solid with about 100W on
each band. We've added phased loops for 432 (Lowe's Loops from a recent QST)
to go with the Cheap Yagi.

While mobile we'll be hammering out continuous CW CQs on 2 and 6M close to

144.185 and 50.185. Make sure that your paddles are connected!!!!

All times Eastern (and *VERY* *L-O-O-S-E*):

Saturday:

2PM until 6PM:    FN31, Dennis Hill

7PM until 9PM:    FN32, Taconic State Pkwy

Mobile to ZZZ in FN22 and FN23.

7AM until 10AM : FN23

12PM until 1PM:  FN13gb

2PM  until 4PM:   FN12au

5PM  until 6PM:   FN03xa

7PM until 11PM:  FN02vu

The traditional *Sunday Rover Dinner* at Pontillo's is hereby cancelled as
they are out of business! The new place is the nice restaurant on Rt 19 just
north of Rt 5. It is next to the railroad tracks. If you are joining us,
call my cell for exact time and QTH.

We are scratching the skeds. In 10 years I've made about 2% of the schedules
and there is no point having lots of ops yelling 'where the Hell is QO!!!!'
over and over.

73,

Mark K2QO and Dick K2ZR (the cZaR of CW!)

Cell: 716.863.7229