[VHFcontesting] HP Server Power Supply Help

Fred Stefanik fredn1dpm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 20:22:17 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have been running my BLF578 2 meter kW amplifier on one of those
"ebay special" HP server supplies for almost a year.  Usually I apply
220VAC to the supply and a few seconds after it gets power the green
LED on the front turns on and out comes all the 50VDC I need.  About a
week ago I went to power it up and applied 220VAC to it and a few
seconds later the yellow LED on the front turned on and no DC output.
I disconnected the supply and brought it to the workbench where of
course it worked just fine.  I then brought it back to where the
amplifier is and connected it back up and again it was up and running
fine.  On Saturday I went to get on EME and turned the power supply on
again and was greeted by the yellow LED syndrome again.  All the
proper jumpers are in place (pins soldered together).  Has anyone else
run into this or know what it is or how to solve it?

Thanks,

Fred
N1DPM