[VHFcontesting] The Real Reason the "NO .52" rule exists & something to p...

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 09:31:12 PDT 2012

And something else has changed since the days of Glow FETs.  Back  then FM
radios had solid state devices called "crystals". Often there  were two of
these for each FM channel, and they cost real money. So most  radios only had
a few channels, of which 146.52 was very common and  often the only simplex
channel in the radio.

We've come a long way baby. The NO .52 rule is about a generation past its
reason for being.

73   -   Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 4/28/2012 11:25:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,