[VHFcontesting] Need Input

STeve Andre' andres at msu.edu
Sun Dec 30 17:37:20 EST 2012

On 12/29/12 14:34, KC4HW/Jim wrote:
> Looking for some input on the IC-575H and the FT-690R.
>
> I am thinking that I would like a stand alone rig for 6m and thought that
> perhap someone could share their experience with this equipment.
>
> My interest is CW/SSB.
>
> Thanks and Happy New Year
>
> Jim/KC4HW

I have a 575H and it's a neat rig.  Like all Icom's of that era, it uses
these
teeny tiny 'grain of wheat' bulbs and they do go.  Last time I checked Icom
had them for $2 each.  Hope they still do as I need several.

But it's a great rig, and folks like Scott Malcolm do a great job on fixing
them.

--STeve Andre'
wb8wsf  en72