[VHFcontesting] Call for July VHF Test Logs for SCP Database

Dave Zeph zephd at indy.rr.com
Mon Jul 23 11:02:07 PDT 2012

While you still have your Cabrillo file handy, please send me a copy for use in compiling the VH Super Check Partial (SCP) Database.  This is a complement to the excellent HF Contest SCP Database maintained by WA1Z.

Logs are kept in confidence.  The previous year of logs is deleted when the June Database is released.  The various files can be found at     www.k3lr.com/w9zrx/  .  The trailing “/ is required.  Cabrillo files should be E-Mail’ed to    zephd at indy.rr.com.

I’m still missing a lot of logs from the June Contest.  I know propagation was really good in June and I would like as many logs as possible.  I’ve yet to hear from some of my regular contributors.

The log processing software vets the calls in the Database against QRZ.COM’s XML Database in an attempt to determine Invalid Calls.  I’d also hoped it could be used to find Callsign Changes and the calls of –SK’s–.  The previous version of the XML Database did not contain this information.  However there is now a second version of the XML Database that does.  Unfortunately my good friend John Bennett, N4XI who wrote my Log Processing software passed away early Sunday.  I need to find someone knowledgeable of the Apache Server and PostgreSQL to help with a couple of modifications.

I had Rotator Cuff Surgery in May and recuperation is going well I think.  I have a much greater range of motion than expected at this point and it’s hard to avoid doing things I’m not supposed to do – like typing.  This one left-handed typing finger stuff is getting OLD!

73 → Dave, W9ZRX