[VHFcontesting] Operators for Group2 of the K5N DXpedition

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Fri Jun 1 07:24:53 PDT 2012

Hello again to all crazy grid chasers and operators.....Group2 of the
K5N DXpedition to the Texas Big Bend area is still short two operators.
Colin-KB5U has committed to come along and he is well known to be a
really great operator....so that is one down.  We still have two more
slots to fill.  I have had a couple of "possibles", but no firm
commitments yet.

Group2 will be operating from the DL79-DL89 line in the Big Bend Ranch
State Park.  They will be staying in a 5 star type motel facility and
operating from an air conditioned motor home.  This is really a chance
to do a Grid DXpedition in style.  No sleeping on the sand and rocks
with the scorpions, like Group1 will have to do.  Group2 will be running
high power and either a 7el or a 5el antenna.  Those are really rare
grids, so lots of QSOs should result.

The expedition will be in the field from June 20th to June 24th, with
appropriate travel on either side of that.  IF you would like to join
this FB effort, please get in touch with me ASAP.  We need to get this
finalized as soon as possible.  If you can handle a pile up and run WSJT
meteors at night, you will fit right in.  Not often do you get a chance
to join a well equipped DXpedition like this one.  Please help us out
and have a great experience to boot....

If you know someone that might be interested, please pass this
announcement along....

Thanks for your help....

73 Marshall K5QE
Phone is 409-787-3830 if you want to talk....